Monday, December 12, 2011

Spicy Moroccan Carrots

I cannot beleieve how I have neglected ny blog. But I hope to get back in the game. I have been teaching vegan classes (both raw and cooking) at my local health food store (where I work) and they have been jammed. What a joy to see so many faces out there trying to change how they eat. And the dishes we have made recently have been dead on fantastic. Meaning, that they have been super delicious.

I have been making holiday dishes since October and what a treat for all of us. For I have had to do some research and step up my 'A' game to make sure that what we are making is presentable to new friends and family. There is nothing more depresisng to try and show non-vegetarians how good our food is when you have no new or good dishes to pull from. Hopefully I can help you all with that. So now on to these unbelieveable carrots.

We found these Thanksgiving morning and knew we had to make them. We did and have never looked back. Make these for your friends and family and they will love you forever.

1&1/2 -2 pounds carrots (sliced, with some thickness to them)
6-7 cloves garlic, minced (do not skimp on this)
1/4 t cayene (anymore will take away from the joy of this dish)
1T cumin
1/2 bunch parsley, curly or flat will do
1 bunch cilantro
Juice of 1 lemon
2T vinegar (we prefer a lighter version. I would not use red wine vinegar)
1T olive oil
Salt to taste (you do not need much)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clean carrots and chop as desired, we do not peel ours, but you can if you wish. You can boil in 1/2 cup of water for 7-10 minutes or put them in a steamer. which ever you prefer. You do not want them mushy.

While this is going on, take all the other ingredients and throw them in the food processer. Whirl until you have a well bleneded sauce. Remember to keep scraping the sides of the bowl down. We have made this both hot and chilled, either is fine and dandy. My personal preference is the hot dish, but I would not push away them as the chilled version.

So remember, make...eat...enjoy!

No comments: