Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bulgar Breakfast

I figured I was sitting at the computer waiting for the delivery man to bring me my new dishwasher, I might as well catch up on my blog. So here come some new recipes.

If you think that bulgar is only for Tabbouleh, then think again. Most grains that are used in savory dishes, can double into the sweet realm, hence the breakfast mode. This is very simple dish to make, however, you will need a bit of time. So do not attempt this one if you are trying to rush out the front door, it will be a disaster.

2 cups of water
1 cup bulgar wheat
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1-2T vegan butter
1-2T sweetener of choice
sprinkle of cinnamon (or any spice you prefer) (optional)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bring water to a boil. Add bulgar, cover and turn down and simmer for 20 minutes (or until it is tender enough to eat). Add applesauce, sweetener, and butter. Stir well. Add cinnamon or spice of choice. Serve. Make...eat...enjoy!

No comments: