Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Anything Goes" Fruit-Filled Muffins

Well, I am gliding into my new working schedule. I am learning to semi-bulk cook on my days off. And I am dabbling into menu planning. But thus far, the menu planning only goes so far on the days that I work. I take stock of what we have in the frig and then write out a little paper with what we can make for dinner. Most of the time my daughter is prepping or even making dinner, but on rare occasions I can come home and make things myself. It is definitely a joint effort. Now on to this recipe.

When my daughter gets bored, she has a tendency to cook. And for us that is a good thing, for must of the time it is a sweet treat. This one she got from How it all Vegan. And to date, Sarah Kramer has not disappointed us yet. And this keeps the record going. This is definitely a fruit filled muffin. We used frozen fruit and they were very delicious. Try them, you of course will not regret it.

2 cups flour (we used unbleached all-purpose)
1/2 t salt
3t baking powder
1/2 cup sweetener
egg replacer (to equal 2 eggs)(We used cornstarch)
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sour soy milk (we used almond milk)(added 1 t vinegar to sour the milk)
1&1/2 cups** "Anything Goes" fresh or frozen fruit(your choice)
**Apple, raisin
banana, chocolate chip
raspberry, blackberry
strawberry, apricot
ginger, apple, apricot
pear, apple
***The batter is going to be veryt thick, but that is what you want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the sweetener, egg replacer, oil, sour milk, and fruit. Stir together until "just mixed." Scoop into lightly oiled muffin tins and bake for 35-45 minutes (use fork to see if done).

This were to die for, OK, we didn't die, but there were slap-up delicious. Try them eat them and make them again.

1 comment:

Astra Libris said...

Oooh, YUM! I do adore muffins... :-) I love how these are soooo abundant with fruit!