Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

What can bring us back to our childhood quicker than anything? The smell of homemade cookies. And I'm not talking about those that you can get in the refrigerated section. Those are not real cookies. If you can't pronounce all thee ingredients, it ain't real food...end of discussion.

With that said, I found a lovely recipe that I just had to make. I made so many different dishes today and two of them being brand new. I will post the other new dishes later on, so get ready. I saw these cookies a while back, but just never got around to making them. Well today was that day. I had a little difficulty with the batter, but finally got it right. None of the cookies burned, but my oven time was off from thee original recipe. So I will post an approximate time and let your oven tell you what is best. Try them, eat them, enjoy them.

1&1/2 cups coconut oil (or 3/4 cup coconut oil and 3/4 cup pureed white beans)
2&2/3 cups honey
3 cups natural peanut butter
6 cups unbleached flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large bowl, beat oil (beans), honey, and peanut butter. In another medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt then add to the oil mixture.

Scoop spoonfuls (I used a tablespoon measure) and drop onto baking sheet and press flat with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to let them get too brown or they will be crunchy.

I took nearly all of Tammie's post and copied it here. But go visit Simple, Healthy, Tasty and see what else you can find there.

No comments: