Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Have Discovered Gazpacho

I went last Friday to a raw food inner and loved it tremendously. I have wanted to head in the direction of raw food, but due to financial constraints, that will be on a back burner for a little while longer. However, I add raw food whenever possible and love it every time.


Delightful Gazpacho

Here is where I got the recipe. Granted I altered mine to fit our ingredients, but it sailed gloriously all the same.

Ingredients:

-3 medium tomatoes quartered
-2 green onions
-1 small clove garlic minced
-2 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
-1 rib celery
-2 green and 1 red MINI bell peppers - remove top and seeds (if you don't have access to mini peppers, use approx. 3/4 cup green bell pepper)
-1 teaspoon sea salt
-1 medium sized cucumber- save 1/3



Directions:
Yummy use of those fresh garden veggies. This is a great mid-summer meal when veggies are plentiful! Cut off 1/3 of the cucumber and dice, set aside. Place all other ingredients into a food processor and puree approx. 1 minute until well blended. Add diced cucumber and serve cold. ENJOY!Serves: 1-2 depends on how hungry you are!

Preparation time: 5 minutes

I ate a huge bowl of it and then again today for lunch. Great stuff when it is hot outside. Oh yeah, I live in Florida it's always hot here. I love raw food and as long as it can fit into my budget, I will be all over it like white on rice. Try this and what you don't eat as soup you can use as salsa!

No comments: