Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What Do Vegetarians Eat Anyway?

I think there is a blog with that name. And to be totally honest, I hear it all the time. And I am always ready for those who do inquire. Wait for it...'Everything you don't.' ...eat that is. And for the record, vegetarians do not eat fish. If they do, then they are certainly not vegetarians. Unless by some cosmic design, they moved fish to the plant category...yeah, that's what I thought. And this is from Merriam-Websters definition of what a vegetarian is:

'consisting wholly of vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, and sometimes eggs, or dairy products'

Well, there you have it folks, no fish in that description, what-so-ever. And now back to what do we eat. Well let me give you a view as what we do eat at any given dinner time. Tonight's dinner were these dishes.

Hot Crash Potatoes

Faux Egg Salad

Japanese eggplant sauteed in teryaki sauce

Bok choy, lightly pan fried with onions, garlic and hot pepper flakes

Roasted carrots and garlic *which accompanied the potatoes up above

Fattoush Salad *minus the lettuce*

So, as you can plainly see, we do not lack in the way of food on our plates. In fact, I was so stuffed, that I could not finish my faux egg salad. But it will go with me for lunch tomorrow, that is for sure. So do not think you 'need' to have meat on your plate, for it is not necessary, and your figure and heart will thank you.

No comments: