Monday, June 8, 2009

Tofurky Sausage

Mr. Cooking Lady come home from work with a bag full of goodies. And they were vegan goodies. I know I should not eat processed foods. And for the most part we do OK. But once in a while I like to have a sausage, or a sandwich, so we have the meat alternatives as a back up. We may not buy them again for months, or we may use them for weeks on end, but that is usually no the case.

The newest product to come into our home is the Tofurky line. When I meet new people who find out that Savanah and I are vegetarians, they nearly run at me with, 'Do you have Tofurky for Thanksgiving?' And up until now, I have told them no, for really and truly we have never had this product. And this next Thanksgiving, there will be no Turkey in our home. Trust me when I say that our dinner table does fine without it.

On to my review. This product had tons of flavor, and held together. A bit to much for me. That is not a complaint. It's just a little too firm. But in the recipe we made it with, it is perfect. So I guess it is doable. Then there was thier lunch meat. Again is was kind of chewy, but I told Savanah, since we load our sandwiches up with gobs of veggies and such, that we would not notice the chewiness. And could I eat it in a plainer sandwich? Definitely, but why when you can pile it high with great fixin's.

Some of you may say, 'Hey, just have the sandwich with the fixin's and ix-nay the fake meat. And like I said, for the most part we do, but I guess this is like our pint of Hagen Daz. We get our fix and move on. But it is nice to know we can purchase these items and fit in with thee others.

And...they are vegan.

No comments: