Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nugget Style Hot Cereal

We found this recipe when we lived in Michigan. Yes we lived up north and we miss it terribly. And when living there, we ate more hot food in general. More soups, and more hot breakfasts. When we turned over the back of a box of Grape Nuts we found a hot cereal recipe. We no ,longer buy anything from Post so we buy the generic version and get the same results.

However I usually was not the one making this dish, for Daddy always seemed to have made them so much better. But due to Daddy's early morning shifts mom had to learn to make them in Dad's absence. Hence this post.

I am not a wing it kind of gal. I like a recipe to follow, at least initially, then I can work with what I have in front of me. But today I walked on the wild side and figured I would measure as I went along and see if my measurements worked. VIOLA! First time I out nailed it. Yeah to me. So go get a box of nugget style cereal and make this, you and the kiddies will not be disappointed.

1&1/2 cups of nugget style cereal
1&1/4 cups milk (we used almond)
1/4 cup raw sugar
2T butter (vegans do your thing)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Put all ingredients in a medium-sized pot. Turn to medium high for 2-3 minutes then turn down to simmer until butter is melted. Serve hot. This recipe serves 2, so if you have a crowd, adjust accordingly.

No comments: