Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Peanut Butter Cups

Now I am all about being healthy. But every now and then I like to indulge. And even if I do so with my recipes, it is nowhere as bad as what is out there being sold to the general population. So my occasional peanut butter cup is AOK with me.

I scoured the internet until I found one with all thee ingredients I have at home and it had to be simple as well. TADA!! I found it. It took me about 30 minutes to put together, save for the freezing time of the chocolate. Again, a very adaptable recipe. Have fun with this and watch the memories form your childhood come flooding back.

7-8  oz chocolate, melted
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (can use crunchy)
2 T vegan butter, softened
1/4 + 2 T powdered sugar, sifted
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Set up a double boiler and place your chocolate in the bowl. Watch the chocolate and stir it occasionally. While that is going on you can work on the peanut butter mixture and line your muffin tins.

In a separate bowl whip together with a hand mixer, the peanut butter, powdered sugar and softened butter. Set aside.

Once the chocolate is fully melted, you can add about a 2 T amount into the lined muffin tin. It will not expand easily, so you will have to tap your muffin tin on the counter a few times. You will see how easily to chocolate moves around. Once that is done, move your muffin tins to the freezer for about 15 minutes. Clean up while you are waiting.

Remove the tins form the freezer and add about 1 T of the peanut butter mixture to the frozen chocolate.You may have to tap the tins again or take a spoon and flatten out the peanut butter mixture to lie a bit flatter.

All the while you have kept the chocolate on a low simmer. Now is the time to top the peanut butter mixture with the rest of the melted chocolate. Tap again and hit the freezer for about 15 minutes.

Had I know this was so easy I would have definitely made these gobs of goodness earlier. But it is what it is and now they will be made much more often. And you know my motto. Make...eat...enjoy!!

No comments: