Saturday, October 25, 2008

House Seasoning

This house would be lost without this spice mixture. We use it in everything. I love Paula Deen, it is like hearing my grandmother who was born in Georgia. I have heard so many people say they can only take so much of her...most of those people are from the north.

I heard her talk about her House Seasoning, but never heard the measurements, or even what was in the darned tootin' thing. Then I got one of her cookbooks for Christmas and found the recipe:

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months

Six months!!! You have got to be out of yer cotton pickin' mind. I put that stuff on my Cheerios. Just kidding. We put it on home fries, which we make at least twice a week, use it as a rub for my husbands meats, seasoning our veggies. Our list goes on, but suffice it to say, this stuff rocks, and if you ain't a usin' it, well you should be.

I will end with Paula's saying she says at the end of each show.

"With love and best wishes, from my kitchen to yours."

No comments: