Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just Plain 'Ol Banana

Edit in: We made this again (Imagine that), but this time we added a 1/2 stick of melted butter and we liked it tons. So for those who are not vegan or not watching their calories...go for it!

I was not technically looking for a banana bread recipe, but you have to understand my old recipe first. It called for a pound of butter...yeah, you heard right and I had tweaked that down form the one my mother originally gave me. I don't stutter and your ears don't flap.

I am not a low-fat, reduced calorie, lite type of cook. I prefer to walk off my indulgences, but with this new-found recipe you don't have to do a darned tootin' thing. This is a KEEPER! You folks have just got to go over and Visit Plain Banana and check out this banana bread recipe. I did and I am not looking back and I am not sharing a bite with any of you. I have a baton and I am not afraid to use it.

This is one of those recipes that if a burglar came in and they said, give me the banana bread or your kid comes with me...."Bye baby girl, don't fight with the burglar." Just kidding. But this is a wonderful cake/bread/dunker. And you ladies know what I am talking about. Have your cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa and curl up with a good book, or old movie and have at it, because you will want to make this in bulk, freeze it and hide it behind something that no one will ever find...hence the not having to share.

1 comment:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

You won't even share a tiny little bite? Meanie! :)
I have yet to make this banana bread, but it does look fantastic! And Alaina is so cute!!