Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Order Pizza In

Someone would have to be a fool not to like pizza. OK, you can start calling me a fool. If given a choice, I would prefer not to eat pizza. Yeah, I know how un-American is that. But do not get me wrong, I eat it, it is just not my favorite comfort food. But we do have it in this household about once a week. For if not, I would have a mutiny on my hands.

But for those of prefer to make your own and not order out, you know it can be a real booger if it is a last minute decision. But I found just such a pizza crust that will definitely do in a pinch. I scoured all my veggie blogs to see what I can find (See ladies and gentlemen, this is where labels come in REAL handy), and low an behold, I found a great fast easy doable recipe over at Wing it Vegan and let me tell you this will most definitely do in a pinch. But be ready, this is not your classic style pizza dough. And for those of us who grew up on Bisquick, it will take you down memory lane. As I was making the dough that was the first thought that came to my mind, but let me tell you this is so much better. So if you are ready for more of a biscuity dough then by all means try this puppy. We did.

2 cups of flour (1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup white or whole wheat pastry works great)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of soy milk or any milk
4 tbsp of oil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix the dry ingredients, add the liquids, mix everything together, spread on a greased baking dish, add toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

We followed this recipe to the T, as I always do on a first time recipe. We had 2 pizzas. One with just cheese for my picky son and thee other one was topped with pineapple, fresh tomatoes, and Morningstar Farms sausage patties, ground up in my mini-chopper. Ooo la la. I love a heavily topped pizza, and this was a wonderful experiment and it came off without a hitch.

1 comment:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm so glad you liked the pizza, it's the one I make when I don't have time to use yeast!

Hey, I got a juicer giveaway going on...