Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Arabic Style Potato Salad

I cannot believe that I have not blogged about this ever so simple recipe. This one goes way back and the joy of this is that is best a room temperature. I try not to make more than we can eat, for it does not refrigerate well...to me at least. And this is about thee only recipe I can make without a card to go by. Enjoy and feel free to adapt this to your family and home.

5-6 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2-1 onion, chopped small
1 medium-large tomato, seeded and chopped
2-3 T olive oil (play with this one)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 T dried mint or 2-3 T fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cook your potatoes until barely fork tender. Drain and immediately put into serving bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir gently as not to disturb the potatoes or break them apart. Remember not to overcook them and you will be good to go. Serve hot or cooled down, either way is AOK!!

No comments: