Monday, April 20, 2009

There's Nothing To Eat

Yeah riiiiiiight!

I had a garage sale about 3 weeks ago and we unloaded some high ticket items. We took in a pretty penny. We could have easily payed some much needed bills in advance, but my husband was super generous and said we would take the money and put shelves in the pantry that has been jury rigged for about 6 years now. My husband works in a grocery store and when a rack that has been used for a display is no longer needed, he asks if he can take it home (that is if we truly need it) and this time we did.

Fast forward 6 years and I am busting at the seems in my kitchen. I could almost have my bed put in there, that is how much I love being in my kitchen. But with the new shelves being put in I want to get an idea on how much stuff I truly do have in my pantries. Well, let me tell you if anyone and I do mean anyone ever comes to me and says, "There's nothing to eat." I swear I am going to wallop them up side their head. So for those of you who may be curious as to what is in my pantry, I wrote it all down...minus my spice cabinet.

Powdered sugar
Raw sugar
Agave
Canola oil
Coconut oil
Spaghetti
Thin Spaghetti
Elbows
Orzo
1 container of hard white wheat (Rubbermaid container)
1 container of hard red wheat (Rubbermaid container)
2 big cans chicken (For hubby)
3 small cans tuna (for hubby)
1 small jar of pimentos
1/3 box of cous cous
1 jar homemade jelly
2 cans nectar, 1 mango, and 1 apricot
Cooking wine
Apple cider vinegar
balsamic vinegar
Sub sandwich vinegar
Pancake syrup (the garbage my son buys)
Maple syrup
Honey
Can of raisins
Box of prunes
Can of cashews
Can of mixed nuts
Mojo (Spanish marinade sauce)
Mayonnaise (My one HUGE weakness)
Dijon mustard
Jelly-black cherry
1/2 bottle light olive oil
Jar of Spanish's capers
2 Lg cans of tomatoes
4 small cans of tomato sauce
3 small cans of tomato paste
2&1/2 boxes of baking soda (mostly for cleaning)
4 cans smoked oysters (for hubby)
1 box wheat gluten
1 Tub of popcorn (I order 45 pound buckets of this stuff)
1&1/4 bag of unbleached flour
1/4 tub of olive oil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have these glass jars I have had for years that I purchased form Michael's about 15 years ago. they are to die for and I can see the grain/bean inside them. So this next bunch is inside the jars. And some are in mason jars, depending on how small amount of grain I have.

Jasmine rice
pinto beans
green split peas
black beans
pearled barley
black eyed peas
chick peas
bulgar wheat
brown rice
great northern beans
lentils
spelt
arborio rice
light red kidney beans
adzuki beans
TVP
millet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 packages of amaranth
1 box of falafel mix
container of nutritional yeast
Large container of peppercorns
package of sliced almonds
package of sweetened coconut
6 cans of coconut milk (I Need Help River!!)

So there you have it. It's my plan to eat this down so I can rotate my pantry with some new items we have never used or at least with items we use rarely. Since becoming a vegetarian again I am loving how my recipe door is opening and I owe many thins to all you ladies, and gentlemen that I follow and depend on for tried and true recipes. So keep 'em coming folks!

No comments: