Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Decadent Brownies

My lovely daughter found these brownies via The Food Network. Now, there is not much I do watch on that network, but I highly suggest people do indeed watch them and for many reasons.

We actually love Paula Deen. Why you may ask, well I will tell you. My heritage, on my mother's side at least, is rooted deep in Georgia. So for me to sit and listen to her is like a slice of heaven. And trust me when I say she is thee epitome of Southern Hospitality and the real deal I might add.

And you can always pick up a cooking tip or a gadget you may like to try or a new spice or a spice you did not know how to use. the possibilities are endless.s So pick a show and go for it.

But my daughter and I will see a recipe she has made and see how far we can veganize (I made that word up, so it is a real word now) it. Then we try our version and see if it works and if we like it. We may need to tweak it or it may not be salvageable. But we don't know until we try.

With that said, try these brownies. My daughter made the first batch like the recipe stated but the second batch was so much better and so much healthier as well.

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup vegan margarine
4 large eggs (we used our own substitute. Use what works for you all)
2 cups sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.

Melt the chocolate and margarine on low and stir every 30 seconds or so until the chocolate is completely melted. Add your egg substitute, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix well with a spatula. Add the flour and stir to combine. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.

When cool, cut into 1&1/2 inch squares and store in the fridge in a plastic container. Really, you have got to be kidding me. There were no left overs to save. Guess we double batch next time.

No comments: