Friday, August 27, 2010

Raw Pancake

Folks...when I tell you I am enjoying these new raw recipes, do not take me lightly. For i love cooking food. Yes, I am one of those freaks who can stay in the kitchen all day and not mind one little bit. And that goes for the dish washing as well.

With that said, I stumbled on this little dish over at The Bee's Knees Kitchen. This was so simple I nearly cried. There is one tiny glitch. It wasn't a problem for me, for i am use to flax seeds. But for those of you who may not be aware of their gelatinous state when mixed with a liquid, then please prepare yourself. Didn't stop me from gobbling this pancake down. And even my daughter gave it a taste. She is not into the raw thing, but still gave it a thumbs sideways. Not bad...I think.

1 cup ground flax seeds or 3/4 cup whole (I prefer ground)
2 bananas
1&1/2 T agave or maple syrup
1T cinnamon
1t nutmeg
1/2 t allspice
1/2 t cloves
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grind the flax seeds using your 'S' blade on your food processor or magic bullet until a meal forms(we used our coffee grinder). Empty into a medium sized bowl. Blend the rest of the ingredients and empty into the bowl with the flax meal. Lightly fold the mixture together and let sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the fruit topping. This will allow the flax meal to become a bit thicker.

EDIT IN: It would be nice if I gave thee assembly instructions. I must be losing my mind. Divide the thick, sticky cinnamon pancake batter in half over 2 plates, or pie plates. We have a plethora of pie plates, so we used them. Using a spatula, smooth out the surface into a round circular pancake form. Top with your fruit mixture of choice. Drizzle with honey, maple syrup or agave nectar.

For your fruit topping, you do not have to be a rocket scientist. Cut up some fruit, sprinkle with some sweetener, if you so desire and have at it. Make this, you will be smiling a bit more because of it.

No comments: