Monday, August 25, 2008

For My Daughter

This is technically not just for her. She is already an established vegetarian(Wow that sound important) and I am on the journey to join her. Last night we experimented with tofu. I know, most non-vegetarians feel that is all we live on, but here in this house we eat it rarely. However, I am looking to experiment with it, but I am unsure how to "cook" the darned tootin' stuff. I am afraid I will overcook it, or under cook it. So I am turning to my blogging neighbors to give me a helping hand.

I am not afraid to try new things, and I love being in the kitchen, so there is no fear there, I just don't know how to work with tofu. I am more comfortable with ti when it has been frozen and defrosted. That texture I can work with, but in its natural state...I am but a fledgling.

And sites, recipes, or blogs you can point me in the direction of would make me a happy wanna-be vegetarian. So dig deep ladies and show me what you got. And thanks in advance.

2 comments:

Tara B. said...

Wish I could help you, but as an "established" vegetarian myself, I have to admit I HATE tofu!!

The only way I've ever had it that I liked it is at P.F. Changs in their lettuce wraps.

I have tried several recipes from several books and online sources and each time it was a flop!

I will be watching the comments here to see if you get any good ones though.

The Cooking Lady said...

Tara: You wound me straight through the heart. Do me a favor and try my Tofuna recipe that I have here. One of my dear friedns tried it and she would not eat it, for it tasted too much like tuna...imagine that.

I like working with frozen and defrosted tofu, for it becomes like the texture of ground beef, so my options open up.

Lasagna, Sloppy Joes, Spaghetti sauces...etc. So if you want to try any recipes, just ask, I have some to expierment with. Maybe I can convert you.