Sunday, August 24, 2008

To Microwave That is the Question

I got this from a friend of mine who is pretty radical in her way of thinking, but in listening to her, her words make you think and that is always a good thing(Thanks Dotty). But I knew that microwaving was not a good thing, and over the years have really cut down on what I microwave. I was never a huge fan of microwaving to begin with, so for me, the transition to leave the microwave behind was no great leap. My husband, son and even daughter do use it to reheat foods. Now...my daughter has started to heat her leftovers and veggie analogs on the stove top, but every once in a while, she zaps her food. I do have to give her credit, she does not microwave in plastic, so that is a step in the right direction.

As far as I am concerned, you could take that hing and chuck it in the trash. Would I miss it, maybe for a little while, but trust me, the pros outweigh the cons. So here is a list of reasons NOT to microwave your food.

1) Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term- permanent- brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain(de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue).

2) The human body cannot metabolize (break down) the unknown by-products created in microwave food.

3) Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved food.

4) The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual(long term, permanent) within the human body.

5) Minerals, vitamins and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6) The minerals n vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7) Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths(Tumors). This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

8) The prolonged eating of microwaved food causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9) Continually ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10) Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

Have you tossed your microwave yet? After you do chuck that thing, you can use a toaster oven in its place. It works well for most and is nearly as quick. Could I let go of my microwave? Hands down, it would be a joy to chuck it, but my family would balk like there is no tomorrow. Truthfully...I could use the extra cupboard space. This is just food for thought. I do not expect everyone who reads this to let go of their microwave, but maybe cut back on its usage. Just think about it!

No comments: