Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stir Fry Sauce

I am putting this up for a fellow blogger who is searching for the perfect stir fry sauce. I came upon this when my husband was on Weight Watchers. And as always it has stuck with us. My daughter dresses it up every now and then, but use the basic recipe and then experiment as you see fit.

1T sesame oil
2-3T Tamari (Soy Sauce) Reduced Sodium is preferred
1t sugar (Any sweetener you have on hand will do)
*Add-Ons* these are items my daughter has added over the years.
Grated ginger-Be careful, this is powerful
2-3 cloves a garlic, through a garlic press, or minced, which ever you prefer
A pinch of pepper flakes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The basic sauce is awesome and does not mask the flavor of your veggies. If you add the garlic, please remember not to add it until the end, otherwise it may burn. And garlic cooks quickly.

1 comment:

The Cooking Lady said...

I love this one, becase it has what...3 ingredients, how simple is that (Dang that came out like Racheal Ray) And 3 things we all have in our cupboards!