Saturday, August 30, 2008

Giving Up

I had posted this on my other blog and a few of you commented and I thank you. But for those of you who do not get a chance to gander in that direction, I thought I would repost this, since it deals with food issues:

This post is so not going to be about anything you think this title may lead you to believe. *rubs hands together*

I was recently talking to a friend of mine, and we were discussing how I will be handling everything in my life once I return home from the hospital. She meant cleaning, food and such forth. I told her I would be in Miami for the hospital stay(That being a given), then at my sisters for about another week, then home where hubby would have a week off before heading back to work, then mother-in-law is two blocks away if there were a dire emergency. Then once hubby goes back to work, there are women in my home schooling group who will be coming with meals and cleaning crews. So I will be taken care of for a while.

She offered to bring her signature dish...(Said dish had meat). I told her that would be a welcome offer, but that my daughter Savanah would not be able to eat it and fend for herself that night. she then, politely as she possibly could told me that 'Maybe your daughter should set aside her beliefs and take what she can get until you get better.' I politely told, 'I don't think so, she is set in her convictions and I stand by her and she can manage on eggs for a night or two.'

It didn't hit me until a day later(Why do you always find the snappy comebacks when you are not in the heat of the conversation) something came to me. What if I had told her to set aside her Christan beliefs just long enough to watch an 'R' rated movie that went against what she believed in. Would she have done that? I think not. so why should my daughter do what she would never consider, just because it deals with food. *Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth* Where do people come up with this stuff. I couldn't make this up if I wanted to.

1 comment:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

You have a very lucky daughter! It was so great of you to stand up for her! And it's so awesome that you support her beliefs!