Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sesame Noodles

I really try to remember where I got these recipes, but sometimes I just completely forget. I feel those who made these dishes deserve their due credit. This one I found on thee Internet, but have no blessed clue where. I so want to try Udon noodles, but the recipe actually called for pasta. I liked it, but hubby and Savanah were not as pleased with it. This is definitely a keeper though.

1 (8 ounce) package brown rice spaghetti, other thin pasta or udon noodles
1/4 cup tamari (We use reduced sodium)
2 T tahini
1 T roasted smooth almond butter (We used regular butter)
1 T brown rice vinegar (We used rice wine vinegar)
1 T lemon juice
1 T toasted sesame oil
Hot sauce to taste
1 cup shredded cabbage (We sued green, red is prettier)
1&1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup sliced green onions
1 T toasted sesame seeds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cook pasta/noodles until al dente ( I prefer mine a bit more cooked) according to package directions. Drain pasta/noodles thoroughly.

In a large bowl, whisk together tamari, tahini, almond butter, vinegar, lemon juice, toasted sesame oil and hot sauce. Add pasta cabbage, carrots and green onions. Toss to coat noodles thoroughly with sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

There will not be a lot of sauce sitting in the bottom of the bowl. So if you like it saucier, then have some extra tamari sitting on the dining room table. Enjoy, I know I did.

1 comment:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

This sounds really fantastic! I'll take anything with sesame seeds!