Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chopped Mock Liver

I am totally in love with my How it all Vegan cookbook.

I am not a mushroom lover. I cook with them, but then I pick them out. It is a texture thing. But I had run across this recipe in my cookbook and thought I would give it a whirl. All I need to do is get some crackers to put this lovely appetizer on. Make this stuff after you read this recipe, you will not regret it...I did not.

1 cup mushroom, roughly chopped
1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper (we used freshly ground)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a medium saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onions on medium heat until onions become translucent. In a blender or food processor, chop the walnuts and add the mushroom/onion mixture and salt and pepper. Blend together for 30 seconds. Serve chilled. Makes about 3/4 cup.

I did add about 1 t extra of olive oil to help it blend together, and I could not wait for it to cool down before trying.I am now a lover of mushrooms. And in my opinion, do not skimp on the pepper, it gives it a lovely kick.

1 comment:

Chef Chuck said...

Mushrooms and Walnuts how interesting!
That sound like a great combo in itself!