Sunday, March 29, 2009

Key West Barbecue Sauce

This is to go with my previous post. But you can use this where ever you see fit. If it enhances your cornflakes then by all means go for it. You get my drift. I am also going to embed a link to the previous post once this one is up. enjoy, for me and my daughter did and oh so simple.

1/2 cup catsup
1/3-1/2 cup sugar or honey(We used 1/3 of honey)
2 T fresh lime juice (We had lemons on hand)
2 cloves garlic, minced (Ooops, I so forgot this ingredient, not next time, that is for sure)
1 small onion minced
4 T vegetarian Worcestershire sauce (Did not have this ingredient)
1 t hot sauce
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a heavy, medium saucepan, combine all thee ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 20-30 minutes (That is when the tofu is draining). Serve over tofu.

I will use this sauce not only on the tofu dish, but also on any burgers I make, this is my new found love. I love BBQ sauces, and now especially this one.

No comments: