Monday, March 30, 2009

Corn Olive Salad

I am a homeschooling mom who teaches cooking to many of the students within our local group. I have been doing this for five years now and I still love it like the first day I started. But this week I was ill prepared for class and was scrambling for a dish or two to make. So, Last Minute Larry here, got our here Vegetarian Times recipe cards and scoured to find two vegan dishes. And what do you know, I found two that the kids would hopefully love. One I knew was a shoe in, but thee other was iffy at best.

I have told these children time and time again, that they will not like everything we make...that is life. So on to recipe number on. This one is great, especially with spring coming up, and all the lovely colors, try this one, it is a keeper for sure.

1 16 oz package corn kernels, thawed
1 medium red or green pepper (I would go with the red, only for the color effect)
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
1 celery stalk, diced
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 T olive oil
3 T apple cider vinegar
1 t honey (Or use your own liquid sweetner)
1/2 t dried dill (We skipped this one)
Salt and pepper to taste
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.

**If those instructions were to difficult for you then you can always email me or call me** NOT!

No comments: