Sunday, July 6, 2008

Marinated Cheeses

I got this from my friend who introduced me to bread baking. I have not made this dish, but I have eaten it at her home. And let me tell you...Oh-My-Stars! I could roll myself in this stuff like a pig in slop. Yes, it is that good, no, it is better. Take the time to make this. And as an extra added bonus, it is beautiful to look at. Marinate away ladies.

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 white wine vinegar
3T chopped fresh parsley
3T minced green onion
1t sugar
3/4t dried basil
1/2 t salt
1/2t freshly ground pepper
3 cloves garlic minced
1 (2 ounce) jar, diced pimiento, drained
1 (5&1/2 x 2 x inch) block sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces chilled)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar, cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Set aside marinade mixture.
Cut block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cot crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; set aside. Repeat procedure with cream cheese. Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edge. Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and marinade in refrigerator at least 8 hours(Very important)
Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter in the same alternating fashion, reserving the marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Garnish if desired. Serve with crackers(Or hide in a closet and share with no one!)

Yield: 12-16 appetizer servings

No comments: