Sunday, July 13, 2008

Potato Kale Soup

This recipe I was given when I had first become a vegetarian from a friend I met in Michigan. We are still friends, and I think of him and his family every time I make this soup! Enjoy!

1 lg Spanish onion(May use yellow as a substitute)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
A pinch of pepper flakes
1/3 cup of oil(Do not skimp on this)
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 qt of water
2-3T tamari(Soy Sauce)
1 bunch of kale,(Stems removed) cut into long slivers
Dash of hot sauce
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saute first 5 ingredients in oil. then add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil until potatoes are soft. Take a potato masher and mash potatoes until they are all broken up. Add chopped kale, tamari and hot sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.

No comments: