Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mashed Potatoes and Carrots

I made this when I was teaching my little kiddies in my homeschooling group. What a great way to add some veggies in our your little ones. This one calls for carrots, but I can't see any reason you cannot substitute another vegetable in its place.

2 cups vegetable broth or water
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup half and half, or milk
1T butter
1t cumin seed (I used cumin powder)
1t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground nutmeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heat broth to boiling. Add carrots and potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling. Cook until carrots are tender, 18-20 minutes; drain. Mash carrots and potatoes until potatoes are smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.

This one is a great holiday dish, but can be eaten at any time

No comments: