Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stringy Cheese Loaf

I openly admit that there are times I cannot cook every meal 100% from scratch. There are days that m y MS medication kicks my butt and I am on the sofa the entire day, so I have recipes I can eat in a pinch and not totally give up my good eating habits. And if I fall off the saddle, I get back up on the next day and keep on going.

1loaf(1 pound) French bread
1 package(3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese(about 4 ounces)
1/4 chopped green onion(try to use green onions, it's a plus)
2T butter, softened
1/2t garlic powder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This recipe was originally supposed to be on an outside grill, but I adapted it to be in the oven. My homeschooling students did not mind that we made this in the oven.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread diagonally into 1-inch slices, cutting almost to the bottom of the loaf, but not all the way through. Mix remaining ingredients; spread between slices of bread. Place bread on 28x18 inch piece of heavy aluminum foil; securely wrap.

Place foil on pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Unwrap foil and let cook for additional 5 minutes.

No comments: