Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crock Pot Curried Rice and Lentils

I am trying to figure out if I like curry or not. And thus far I am hanging on the side of no. But that does not mean I will stop trying new recipes. Maybe I just need to find the right combination of ingredients. This dish is simply simple. But the one thing I would add would be a bit of salt. there was none in the recipe and it did need a wee bit , and once a dish is cooked, you can't ever get the same flavor from salting on your plate.

My crock pot took 4 hours and there was still a wee bit of a crunch to the lentils, but not so much that you did not want to eat this dish.



Crock Pot Curried Rice and Lentils - Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipe - Vegan Crockpot Recipe - Vegetarian Curried Rice and Lentils: "Ingredients:
1 cup rice
1 tbsp curry powder
3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup lentils
2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 onion, diced
Preparation:
Combine all the ingredients in a crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours."

No comments: