Friday, May 15, 2009

Potato Green Bean Salad

I love Chuck. His recipes are aromatic, colorful, tasty (have I gone too far) and oh so simple to make and easier to eat. I do not make his meat dishes for I no longer eat meat, but trust me when I say he has many non-meat dishes that are off the hook. This dish is just one of those.

I just finished a two bowl sitting of this dish and could have easily ate a third bowl of this heavenly dish. There were a few things I did differently, but I will state those at the end of the post.

Chef Chuck's Cucina:
1 pound fresh green beans
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
1 red onion, sliced
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar or
red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Place whole potatoes in a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes, drain, cool and cut in quarters. Trim and snap green beans, steam and cool. Combine potatoes and beans in a large bowl add onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to your desire.

I used small white potatoes instead of red potatoes. And when I sat down at the dining table I did sprinkle a wee bit of Feta cheese on my salad. About 1-2 T, nothing more, you do not want to take away from the simplicity of this dish. And truth be told, you do not need the Feta at all, I just had a hankering.

What I would do differently is not steam my beans so much, but that is not the recipes fault, that was my fault. It would have been spectacular with the green beans with a bit of a crunch to them.

I loved this recipe for many reasons, but the one I liked best was that I had all thee ingredients, and that is a plus for me. Make it, eat it and then make some more. Thanks Chuck!!

1 comment:

Chef Chuck said...

This looks good!!!
I love you too!! Thanks so much for sharing good foods of mine, you are wonderful!