Monday, May 4, 2009

Soyrizo & Black Bean Burgers

OK, so I am looking for the perfect veggie burger. This one is so darned close that it scares me. I followed her direction to the letter, but if I had to make them again I would up the flour a wee bit. While ours tasted grand, they had a tendency to fall apart. But they had a wonderful bit to them, not hot/spicy, but a full Latin styled flavor. We have used this Soyrizo before and loved it then. I made them in a potato dish and boy were they great.

We have been trying to curb our processed food, even in the vegetarian world, but I think my otherwise healthy diet lets us slide every now and then. Try them and see what you think.


now that i'm awesome; another crazy vegan blog: Soyrizo & Black Bean Burgers: "Here's the way I made them:
Soyrizo Burgers
(4 burgers)

Ingredients:

1 package of Soyrizo
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon oil
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley(or cilantro)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a skillet, heat Soyrizo and beans until hot. Remove from heat and stir in flour.
Allow to cool enough for handling. Using your hands, mix in the green onion and parsley, until the mixture is well distributed. Form into patties. You can pan fry these in a bit of oil, but I highly suggest basting a little oil on them and placing them directly onto a grill!"

No comments: