Saturday, May 23, 2009

Strawberry Lemonade

In the good ole summer time. Well by the calender, it is not officially summer, but this is Florida, summer is our middle name. But I was checking up on my fellow cooking bloggers and I cam across this delicious, refreshing and not so sickening sweet summer-time drink. I love lemonade. This drink was perfect, and cute. I wish I had had a lovely glass pitcher to display it in, but alas, all we had was a Tupperware style plastic container.

The simplicity of this drink is wonderful and just in time for summer. All I need is my big brim hat and Scarlett to sit beside me on the wrap around porch on the swing. Fiddle-Dee-Dee. So go visit Vegan Tickles and see what she has to offer.

The juice of 3 lemons
2 cups of washed and quartered strawberries
3 T agave nectar (I would bump this up just a wee bit, but not too much)
6 cups of cold water
Ice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. It will change colors. It's so purdy. Where's the glass pitcher when you need one. And go to the garden and snap off a sprig of mint for garnish. Yummo!

No comments: