Sunday, May 24, 2009

Your Own Tomato Planter

We have all seen the commercials of the Topsy Turvy, but you can make your own homemade growers. Check them out here at the Cheap Vegetable Gardner.

I am all for cheap and economical things that can help us reuse and recycle items. I myself do not drink sodas, so finding one of these is going to be difficult. I will just go dumpster diving and hit everyone's recycle bins. Trust me when I say there will be tons to choose from in the neighborhood. I have about 2 dozen plants growing right now, and at all different levels. So I could take the newer ones and put them in the litre containers. The more the merrier.

I will definitely be canning this summer and I also plan on making tomato jelly as well. I use to get it from this place we use to visit in Pennsylvania called Kitchen Kettle. Very quaint place and if you are ever in Lancaster County, go and see this place, you will not regret it.

Once I get going on my new planters, I will of course and as always, blog about it. So stay tuned, same place same channel.

No comments: