Friday, September 5, 2008

Cheese Muffins

This recipe is not for the faint of heart or anyone watching their waistline. This recipe drips of the South. I swear this could have come straight out of a Paula Deen Cookbook. But alas, I found this one at one of my fellow bloggers site. I saw this one as she posted it and drooled then. I swear I almost had to buy a new keyboard there was so much drool on it.

So take a gander over to The Pioneer Woman Cooks and check out her cooking. She is a simple down to Earth type of woman. I will warn you though, she has plenty of meat recipes, but surf her site and it will be well worth it. Some of her dishes we have just veggie-ized(I made that word up). If her dish calls for bacon, then we substitute it with faux bacon. So there you go, we improvise. I hope you enjoy this recipe and her site as much as I have. And check out her side dishes and try her Crash Hot Potatoes. My oh my!!! To die for.

Figs Cheese Muffins

1&1/2 cups flour(We used our own ground wheat)
1&1/2 T sugar (We use Turbinado)
1T baking powder
1/2 t salt
3Cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whisk together the dry ingredients, and then stir in the cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine. Bake in a greased muffin tin at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins

**We used out own whole wheat flour and it did make them a wee bit denser, but not enough to stop me from having seconds...OK thirds, but that is all I will admit to*

No comments: