Friday, September 19, 2008

Three Grain Pancakes

One of my readers tried my oatmeal pancakes and loved them...right River? But wait until you try these puppies. If my husband could eat only one pancake for the rest of his life, it would be these, bar none. So here is for all you lazy Sunday morning brunch eating fools. Once you try these please do not bombard me with a kazillion thank yous, I know already. Enjoy! I know we do!!

2 egg whites**
2T oil
3T honey**
1 cup milk**
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup corn meal
2T baking powder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Combine egg whites(I give the yolk to my dog. I hate waste), oil, honey and milk. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Let batter rest for 5 minutes. (Go set the table) Drop pancake batter onto a hot skillet(We use our huge flat griddle). Cook until bubbles begin to form around edges of each pancake. Flip and cook 1-2 more minutes. Serve hot.

** Vegans, use your substitutes.

3 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

This sounds really good! I LOVE cornmeal!

Ener-g egg replacer works great for vegan pancakes, I can't wait to try this one!

The Cooking Lady said...

Let me know what you think. These are my husbands most favorites of all time. So I hope you enjoy these, we do!

Tara B. said...

These do look a bit healthier than my choco chip ones, I will have to give em a try this week!